Asiko Okasi Leaves / Foumbona (25g) Pack of 10
Okazi, also known as afang is a vegetable with great health value. This vegetable is very popular with Nigerians in their cuisine. It is also as a health product. It is a rich source of frolic acid, calcium, zinc, potassium, cobalt, copper, iron and vitamins A, C and K.
Okazi as a vegetable
This edible leaves are usually cut into small strip, that are used in the Nigerian cuisine. It can be used in stews and soups, etc. Some popular Nigerians dishes where the leaves are used: edikang ikong soup, egusi soup, oha soup, efo riro, okazi soup, etc.
Other health benefits of afang leaf include:
- Afang leaf is an excellent source of unsaturated fatty acids.
- Afafang is good for lowering cholesterol w
- Afang leaf contains amino acid and glutamic acid.
- Afang contains iodine.
- One of the health benefits of Okazi or afang leaf is that it contains essential dietary fibre which is good for weight loss and helps prevent constipation. Dietary fibres also prevents colon cancer
- Steam assorted meat and stockfish with onions, salt, bouillon cubes and pepper till it’s properly cooked.
- When meat is properly cooked, set heat to medium, add water, salt, pepper, crayfish and bouillon cubes and let it boil for about 5minutes
- Add palm oil and let it boil for another 10minutes.
- Add ofor and eguisi into boiling pot and let it boil for 5minutes (When adding ofor make sure to sprinkle it, so it doesn’t form clumps)
- Add okazi into boiling pot, stir and turn off heat.
- SOUP IS READY!!
- Serve with garri/pounded yam/fufu
25g, 25g x 10
Dried Okasi Leaves Foumbona