Golden Morn 500g – Pack of 12
Morn Golden is a nutritious and tasty cereal made from whole maize and soya
Golden Morn is a Nestlé brand Nigerian cereal made from locally sourced whole grain maize and soybeans.
It was introduced in Nigeria more than 24 years ago. In Ghana it is called CEREVITA. It is a nutritious and tasty cereal made from whole maize and soya.
It contains added vitamins such as vitamin A and minerals like calcium. It provides energy and nourishment from the natural goodness of whole grains and soya.
It can be easily prepared by just adding clean water. Milk and sugar may be added if so desired.
How to make Golden Morn Cookies
Yields 2 dozen
¾ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups Golden Morn
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Separately combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mix into butter mix. Add Golden morn and mix together until well incorporated and no longer sticks to hands.
- Separate dough into three portions.
- Bounty and nutella: cream bounty bar with nutella; Pistachio, honey and vanilla: mix pistachios, honey and vanilla; Peanut butter, chocolate and vanilla: mix peanut butter, vanilla extract and chocolate chips.
- Combine one of each Golden Morn cookie dough portion with one flavour combo and mix until no longer sticky (add more flour if too sticky). You should have three different cookie doughs. Cut roughly into 2 ½” x 1” pieces.
- Grease a baking sheet and spread pieces two inches apart. Try to make as evenly sized as possible so they cook at the same rate.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown then let cool on baking sheet for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.