Best Egusi Seeds Africans Foods
£1.25 – £24.50
Ground egusi is obtained when egusi seeds are grounded. The seeds of Egusi are obtained from the Egusi gourd, which is very similar to watermelon. Unlike the watermelon, the fruits of Egusi squash are bitter and inedible. These pumpkins are cultivated primarily for their seeds, which are similar in size to small pumpkin seeds and have a slightly more creamy flavour.
Africans Foods with Egusi Seeds
Egusi Seeds are the highly nutritious seeds of a type water melon found widely in Africa. The seeds are the main ingredients of the egusi soup.
Egusi seeds (Colocynthis Citrullus) is a widely cultivated and consumed in West Africa. The seeds popularly called ‘egusi’ contain about 53% oil, 28% protein and some other important mineral nutrients.
2 lb of diced boneless goat meat
Dried Asiko Shawa Bonga fish
2 chopped onions
4 Maggi cubes or meat stocks
3 cups of of water
Asiko chilli pepper
Asiko dried prawns
Smoke Asiko Crayfish
2 cup of whole Asiko Egusi
- Put the goat meat in a medium pot.
- Rinse the dried fish and add it to the pot.
- Add 1 onion, salt to taste and 2 Nigerian Maggi cubes.
- Add 3 cups water and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, put the chili pepper and the remaining onion in a blender and tomato puree.
- Scrap the onion, pepper mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Put the shrimp, crayfish and melon seeds in a clean blender and blend until a powder forms.
- Put it in a bowl and set it aside.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the spinach and set aside.
- After 30 minutes, check the meat.
- If it is still tough, add more water to the pot so that cooking liquid covers the meat.
- Continue to cook until the goat is fork tender, add the onion pepper mixture and cook 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the melon seed mixture.
- Cook 30 minutes longer and add the spinach, the oils and the 2 remaining Maggi Nigerian cubes.
- Cover the pot and cook for another 15 minutes.
Ground Egusi, Whole Egisi
100g x 1, 100g x 10, 200g x 10, 200 x 1